Monday, April 09, 2007

April Fool

I suck. Apparently, the naysayers were right . . . I'm losing steam on this whole monthly resolution thing. I've just been so lazy lately. Here it is April 9 and I haven't even touched my taxes, the piles of laundry are just sad, and I haven't even blogged about the Cherry Blossom 10-miler. Maybe it's because spring hasn't quite sprung yet and it's sapping my energy. Yeah, that's it. I'll blame it on the rain, yeah yeah.

Then again, my resolve this year hasn't been a complete failure. I think I've accomplished a lot in my post-Fancy New Can-opener world. Most notably, I've been lifting weights regularly, cooking more, staving off scurvy by eating my veggies, and watching a lot less television. Oh - and I bought Chucks! The brownish pink ones.

Ergo, my resolutions for April are:
1. Don't be hard on yourself.
2. Do what you can.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yes, that's a good one...don't be hard on yourself.

I want to see a picture of that can opener.

Anonymous said...

Lifting weights, eh? I thought you were looking more buff. Just try to limit your intake of 'roids. You don't want your testicles to shrink.

Big W.