Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm starting to freak out

I have to leave my job in less than three weeks and I still don't have anything lined up for afterwards. Up until now, I was pretty relaxed about it because I know I'll eventually find a job. The only thing that annoyed me was constantly being asked by others what I'm doing next year and facing the obligatory grimmace when I tell them I don't know yet. But, now I just want a little certainty in my life. Has anyone tried the whole Oprah / Secret / just visualize what you want and it will come true thing? Do you think that could work?

Aaahh Freak out! / Le Freak, C'est Chic / Freak out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visualize living in Seattle. It makes sense. It's a live-able city AND has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country, so the odds are good that you'll find a job. Plus, you can always crash at my place AND when you're not holding down the couch, we can go on wonderful road trips.

Anonymous said...

i met a girl on the plane back from our reunion and after talking for a while and figuring out we both loved music and art (she being a musician and me an artist), we started talking about being new york outsiders. We both moved new york and found though challenging it could eb really rewarding. then after talk of some books she told me about the secret. she brought it up more as companion to the kind of mindset we had already been discussing and the positivity necessary to really keep it up in new york sometimes. i haven't read any of the book, but I have now talked to a number of folks who have, and i like the general idea, and i figure its good even if it doesn't 'work'.


you visualize what you want and you begin to act in accord with how someone on that path would behave, so either you are putting your self on the road to the success you want or you are just getting your inevitable journey started. sounds a little weak now that i typed it out. but either way you are now in the process of going for the future you want. :)

seattle sounds nice, but far. but you know i will find you anywhere!