Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Organizing!

The Denver Rock 'n Roll Marathon is a little over a month away!  These next two weeks are the final build phase, culminating with a 21-Mile run.  My coaches noted that this is the time to prioritize running and suggested we do whatever is necessary to make sure we get every training run in.  It was recommended that we do things like write our work-outs down in our calendar and lay out our running clothes...anything that minimizes the amount of effort it takes to get to the work-out.  It reminded me of something Bobby McGee said during his talk last spring: the athletes that have the most success aren't necessarily the most talented, but they are the most well-organized.

So...

I thought laying out my running clothes would be a good idea, too.  Every time I go for a run, I either just woke up, or just got home from work and have 5-10 minutes to change and get out the door to meet my group.  My coach probably meant lay clothes out each day, but I don't trust myself to remember to keep doing that.  Instead, I just gathered together a bunch of complete running outfits and other running gear and tossed them in a laundry basket so I can grab-and-go without having to rifle through drawers or piles of clean laundry.  (I've been averaging about 5 minutes a day just looking for two matching socks!  Ridiculous!)

I also have some Lentil Soup simmering in the Crock-Pot so I'll have some easy healthy meals on hand.  Hopefully it turns out well!




Happy Fall!





No comments: