Thursday, September 14, 2006

If my head weren't screwed on, I would probably leave it at the gym

First it was a hair brush (my keroppi hair brush that I've had since high school). Then it was another less exciting hair brush from CVS. Then it was a pouch with little bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Then it was two full-sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Then it was a plastic bag of sweaty clothes, including my fun yellow shorts from Target.

The times I've asked to go through the gym lost and found previously, I've never recovered anything. Today, I went in to search for the sweaty yellow shorts, et al. A gym employee took me down to lost and found proper, but the bag of clothes was nowhere to be found. Then he took me around to a few other places where lost and found items might be. During this trek, I found the aforementioned lost pouch of shampoo and conditioner lying on a random table in the lifeguard area at the pool! After more poking around, we went back up to the front desk. He decided to double check to see if my clothes were there. And they were.

So, yay to the return of shampoo and shorts! You are welcomed back with open arms. Now that I know what a treasure hunt it is to recover lost items, I'll try to be more careful about not losing you in the future. Well, I can't promise to try. But I'll try to try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having problems leaving comments on your page!

Paul said...

I try to keep my head with my wallet and my keys. That way everything that is important to me is in one place.