Monday, September 18, 2006

Why do awesome job opportunities keep popping up in not-as-awesome places?

I must say, Grand Forks, North Dakota is starting to make Tulsa, Oklahoma sound pretty darn appealing.




Tulsa v. Grand Forks

Population: 382,457 v. 56,573
Distance from Austin: 452 mi v. 1,396 mi
Average Temp. in January: 26 low/47 high v. -4 low/15 high (degrees Farenheit)
Number of America's Next Top Model contestants produced: 1 v. 1
Number of America's Next Top Model winners produced: 0 v. 1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...what was the job?

emma said...

Oh, it's another teaching position. I'm probably underqualified, but I thinking of throwing my hat in the ring just for the heck of it.

Anonymous said...

Hey you know where you should move to? Denver. I think it was named one of the most fit cities in America recently. I want to move there, too.

emma said...

I finally sent off my first official job application on Saturday for a position at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. But,there is also a really cool organization I would like to work for located in Boulder, CO. I'm getting excited about the possibility of moving out west. I'm perfectly happy in DC, but I'm starting to feel like the ocean is on the wrong side or something.

eva said...

haha! wrong coast. too funny. ok, i am slow :)